Monday, May 17, 2010

Top Ten Superpowers

Why do we loves superheroes? Is it because they stand up for truth and justice? Is it because they're always willing to do what is right? Is it because they give people hope in desperate times? FUCK NO! It's all about the kick-ass super powers. But which one do you go with? It's time for another top 10, and this time we're counting down the best super powers you can possess. Remember: to make the list, that super power has to have appeared in a game somewhere. Magic doesn't count.

10. Fire
I like to burn stuff, don't you? No? Oh...ummm....sooo anyway. When you're walking napalm, people tend to back up away from you. You know when's the best place to catch fire? On the basketball court. In my opinion, NBA Jam makes use of the power better than anyone (second place: Scorpion).


9. Spider Powers
I was only gonna limit it to just wall crawling, but why not have the whole package? Remember: he does whatever a spider can. I'd use it to swing past BBQs and steal people's sandwiches, just 'cause it would be funny.



8. Lightening
We already have this power to a small extent. Just rub your feet across the carpet and proceed to annoy your sister. Lightening powers are awesome (just ask Cole from Infamous), but if you want something with a little more bang, I say go with the Force. That's right Star Wars fans, I'm talking Force Lightening. It's the only reason I played the Force Unleashed. Hell, I'll take the whole package the Force has to offer (as seen in this vid), but I'm in it for the lightening.


7. Super Speed
As an old school Sonic fan, I can't help but to love this one. Go across the country in under 2 minutes? Why the fuck not? Again, I would use this power to steal sandwiches.


6. Flight
Duh. It the most basic of powers. Besides, no more airports.


5. Teleportation
What's faster than running? Teleportation my friends. Oh, how my commute to work would be so much easier. Oh, how quickly I can get stuff done. Oh, how many sandwiches I can steal with this power. What a very versatile power. It's like the hemp of superpowers.



4. Ice
Polar opposite to fire, and in my opinion, a hellava lot cooler (no pun intended). Not only can freeze people, you can travel by making ice bridges, create weapons out of ice, use your power to start an impromptu hockey, and if you do decide to freeze someone, you can taunt them as they look on unable to move.



3. Ki Blast
If Dragonball Z has taught us anything, it's that Ki can be a dangerous fuckin tool. Technically, it's not a super power, but how many people can pull it off? Alright then. The only negative is that Ki blasts pretty much invented spamming (aint that right Ryu and Ken?).


2. Regeneration
What does Wolverine and every modern first person shooter have in common. Oh, I think I just gave you the answer, didn't I? Either way, how awesome would it be to heal from anything? Who the fuck would need health insurance? Every time you get hurt, it'll be like that Monty Python movie. "Tis' but a scratch."


1. Money
Who are we kidding? Nothing is better than money. The more money you have, the better things are. Shit, you can buy yourself a superhero. In fact, make yourself a superhero. Just ask Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne. If you really think about it, with the exception of aliens and natural born mutants, all superheroes were byproducts of some science project, and for projects to take off, what do you need? Yup. Money. I would have a video for it, but I don't have any money......

No comments:

Post a Comment