Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Halo Reach Beta Preview Pt. 2

Ok, there's some new stuff that I learned. Juggernaut mode has changed to be fuckin awesome. Before, the goal of the game was to kill the juggernaut to be the new juggernaut, then kill as the juggernaut. Kill the juggernaut will earn you a point, and every kill you get as the juggernaut earns you a point. First to 10 wins. As the juggernaut, you got an overshield. Now that's Halo 3. In Halo Reach, you get a strong ass overshield and a gravity hammer. Every kill earns you 10 points. What makes this version awesome and the Halo 3 version weak is that with a strong shield and a grav hammer, all the other players learn REALLY quickly that shooting each other is pointless and everyone aims directly at the juggernaut. Before you would kill the person next to you before he or she had a chance to kill the juggernaut, but that won't work this time because the superpowered juggernaut will own you all.

Funny story: while playing juggernaut, one of the other guys had managed to chip away at his health. Then I came in and stole his juggernaut kill. Hey, it was every man for himself (no teams). Right after I took his kill, I heard him scream "OH you got to be kidding me!" as I turned around and smacked him in the face with the hammer. Because everyone was just having a ball killing each other and not paying too much mind at the juggernaut, I went on a fuckin tear! Everyone tried the lone wolf routine, and all promptly ate hammer. It became apparent to everyone that maybe they should stop fuckin with each other and aim directly at me. After dominating for so long, it was now time for me to haul ass. I spent the last part of the match running from the large group of angry spartans. One guy tried to cut me off at the pass, but as they should have learned by now that's a really stupid fuckin idea. Every once in a while, I would catch someone by themselves and make 'em eat it, and when I finally got back full health and shield, I turned around and told the remaining people who were chasing me to Bring It! I crushed them all for the win. Good times.

One of the new game modes I got to play was called Headhunter. The goal is to collect skulls by either killing someone or picking them up from the ground and returning them to the base where they will be counted. If you die, you lose all the skulls you were carrying and they will fall on the ground for scavengers like me to pick up. This game is a hellava lot harder when someone is packing a rocket launcher I can tell you that. My new favorite weapon is the needler rifle which shoots exploding needles at enemies from sniper distance. It doesn't go BOOM like the regular needler gun, but damn this thing is potent. That's it for my preview of the Halo Reach Beta. I suggest you all play it for yourself and see what the fuss is about. Of course, you would need a copy of ODST, and if you don't have ODST you probably won't be interested in the beta....hmmmm....why did I do this preview again?  

No comments:

Post a Comment