Sunday, May 2, 2010

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles


Ah shit, no this game. I can't play Castlevania. Do you know how hard this game series is? The creators take great joy in making gamers cry. There is no way I'm playing this game. Then again, it's a brand new game on PSP (well, not new because it's been out since 2007), and this generation is dedicated to easier games for those who may not be experts. Who knows, maybe they made this game much easier than I'm thinking. Well, let's give this a try...................yep, still a bitch to play.

This is probably one of the easiest games I ever had to describe. You move left or right, you jump when need to, and you attack enemies. That's it. Your weapon is a whip which can only be used to attack in front of you, and this is where I get pissed off with the series. In every 2D Castlevania game except one, you can only whip in one direction (2 if you look behind you). I guess they left it like that to keep it challenging, but Super Castlevania 4 allowed you attack in 8 directions, and that game was hard as fuckin hell. Dracula X Chronicles is actually 2 games: Rondo of Blood and the PS1 classic Symphony of the Night, and I can't for the life of me figure out how the fuck to play SOTN, which sucks because that's the reason I bought this game. I guess you have to unlock it by beating Rondo of Blood, which is something I can't do because this bitch is hard as fuck. Fortunately, there aren't a lot of cheap deaths in Rondo of Blood like there were in old Castlevania games like getting hit by an enemy which caused you to jump back, and if you were by an edge you fell off and died. I've only had that problem on one stage so far, and it's currently what I'm trying to beat. The problem: I can't beat Death (all the old Castlevania fans right now are like 'ah maaan' because they know exactly what I'm talking about).

I recommend Casltevania for the hardcore gamers and/or fans of the series....or masochists who can't get enough punishment. I wish i could say more about the game, but I have to beat it first. Maybe one day I'll come back and revisit this review. Ha, maybe one day I can actually beat Death.

Rating: Sweet

NOTE: Seriously, I die in the cheapest fuckin ways when facing Death. I'm tired of getting hit by shit flying at me from off-screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment