Saturday, May 8, 2010

Top Ten Sequels That Need to Be Made

 After the announcement of Marvel vs Capcom 3, it had me thinking. What other games need to make another appearance? So, after days of contemplating and playing old ass games, I've come up with my top ten games that needs a sequel.
Okay, here are the rules for the top ten list:
No insanely popular games like God of War or Halo (because that's just a gimmie)
No games with sequels already announced (NBA Jam)
No games that are part of a trilogy (Mass Effect) or finished their trilogy (God of War)
No games released in 2009 or 2010


10. Vector Man/Comix Zone
I couldn't pick one, so I decided to add them both. Hey, it's my list, and I can do whatever I want. And let's give it up for vectorman's kick ass soundtrack. It's pretty fuckin Impressive for a Genesis game.


 


9. SSX
This is undoubtedly the most awesome snowboarding series of all time. I was gonna say Snowboard Kids, but thinking of that game made me wonder...what the fuck happened to SSX? EA....make it. It'll help your company from sucking.



8. San Francisco Rush
Burnout, meet your daddy. This arcade game was freakin nuts with its shortcuts and crashes and people cursing when they crashed while going for a shortcut....or maybe that was just me. Let's bring this one back, and keeps the wings from SFR 2049.




7. Battletoads
It was 2D beat em up goodness, and I want another one. And don't fuck it up like you did TMNT: TIT (ha).




6. Star Fox
Normally, I would say this is a gimmie, but I don't know anymore. They've been unusually quiet on this one. The only statement they released (to gameformer magazine I believe) is that they are looking for a studio they can do the fox justice. Let's just hope he STAYS IN THE PLANE this time, and maybe the occasional tank. Oh, and add 4 player local and online co-op.




5. Power Stone
That review is coming soon, as soon as I get a hold of Power Stone 2....that doesn't run me 100 bucks.




4. Wave Race
How many jet-ski games have you played in your life? Think about it......that's what I thought. Wave Race made you care.




3. Killer Instinct 3
Rare....we want it. You know we want it. We know you want to make it. So what's the fuckin holdup? I wanna do my ultra combo dammit. The funny thing about it is that when you first look at it, you think Mortal Kombat clone, but then you play it and it takes a life of its own.




2. Jet Set Radio
I must be the only person who loves this game. Why is that? Maybe not a lot of people heard of it. I don't know, but you owe it to yourself to play this game, either the Dreamcast's Jet Grind Radio or Xbox's Jet Set Radio Future.





1. Conker
You know, I used to think - like everyone else - that Goldeneye was the best damn game for the N64. Then I played Conker's Bad Fur Day, and in my opinion (I'm almost positive you'll disagree with on this) Conker shits all over 007. It's very simple really. 007 aged poorly, and now I can't really go back and play it. Maybe for a little bit of nostalgia, but not for a long session of serious gaming. Conker, on the other hand, plays better than half the platformer games out now, and that's the N64 version. I'm not even talking about the Xbox remake. This should have had a sequel a long time ago. What the fuck happened? What are they; allergic to awesome?



No comments:

Post a Comment