Monday, May 24, 2010

Red Dead Redemption

 
You know, I had this big review prepared and everything, had pictures and videos selected for it, and even had commentary from a couple of friends, but then I realized that all of that is useless because I can describe Red Dead Redemption in one sentence and you will get the jist of it: It's fuckin GTA4 with horses! It's the same exact format; the only difference is time period. Cars are now horses, streets gangs are now bandits, skyscrapers are now cactuses...or is it cacti, and hookers are now.....well, they're still hookers, but you get my point. The only real gameplay difference is that RDR also uses the mark and execute and does it better than Sam Fisher every could. Does this make the game bad? Well, that depends on how tired you are for GTA. If you still like it after all this time, then pick it up and have yourself a good time. For me, it's good, and I plan to continue playing, but damn is this experience too familiar. The story is well-written, the characters are voiced nicely and are at the very least interesting to listen to, and the gameplay is still. I suggest you think about how much you love sandbox games before buying this.


Rating: Sweet

NOTE: What do you want from me? That's all it is

No comments:

Post a Comment