Friday, July 16, 2010

Things I Wanted to talk about

I've been gone for a couple of week, and they're are some things I wanted to say, but didn't get the chance to. So here are all the things I wanted to talk about but didn't get a chance to.


Playstation Move:
I was originally Impressed by the Move, but as time passed i realized....it's a fuckin Wii. I guess if you can't beat 'em, steal. The product is basically the Wii-mote and nunchuck except wireless, and had a big glowing ball at the tip that may give your girlfriend the wrong idea. Oh, and instead of using Motion Plus, they use a camera to capture 1-1 movement. Now why in the world would I pay 100 bucks on a motion control dildo when for 200 you have an already established product? Also, you need to own a PS3, so that's $400 altogether. Luckily, they seem to be targeting people who already own PS3's, so that's a plus. Sure, it's more focused on the hardcore crowd unlike kinect, but that doesn't mean the games will be good. Besides, motion controls require moving, and real gamers don't exercise, which leads me to.........

Kinect:
Microsoft's demo for Kinect just feel like it gave the installed fanbase a cockslap to the teeth. Hey MS, I don't know if you know this, but the people you should be targeting are the people who already fuckin own 360s. Instead you're going to try steal some of Nintendo's bitches....I-I mean casual gaming Wii owners by making games mommy and daddy can play with little junior son of a bitch. For those of you would are fans of wrestling, the Wii is WWE and Kinect is TNA. Believe it or not, casual gamers are not as dumb as you think, as if they already have a Wii, they're NOT buying Kinect even if they do own a 360. As for us gamers, we bought a 360 because we wanted grown man games. We want games that are badass. We don't want to spend time with our families; that's why we have 360s. It's called 'Me Time'. Besides, a lot of 360 (and PS3) owners have a Wii to do exactly what you were displaying at E3.


I was right!:
Six days after that Mortal Kombat movie showed up on youtube, I made the post about where it came from and what was it's purpose. I did a lot of digging (kinda) and posted what I thought was the answer. Well, I WAS RIGHT BITCHES! Somebody needs to greenlight that movie pronto.

The Big 3:
So Lebron James and Chris Bosh will be joining Dwayne Wade in Miami. What does this have to do with video games? Every fuckin body will be picking them when you play your favorite basketball game. Ugh! I really hate this shit. You almost never face anyone different. It's always the 2 teams that went to the finals or the inanely popular team or the Lakers. It's like a fuckin sea of bandwagon jack-offs who don't really know any better. What's worse is if you are an actual fan or you found a team that fits your style, and your team goes to the finals (or in  the case of the Heat pull off some bullshit free agent signings), you yourself will be annoyed to the point of kicking puppies as people pick the team you worked hard to know the ins and outs of. I was the shit in 2K7 with the Cavs mainly because everyone I played thought I would just jock with LeBron and I killed them with everybody else, especially with Larry Hughes, Daniel Gibson, and Shannon Brown. I'm dead serious; LeBron almost never made it to double digits. When I did use him, teams were fucked. I had learned the Cavs in and out. Then they went to finals, and in NBA 2K8, everybody was picking the Cavs! It pissed me off. Nobody wanted to play against me because either they wanted the Cavs or they were tired of playing against them. I got so pissed off, I said fuck the Cavs and used the Pheonix Suns. They were great, but it just wasn't the same. I say all this as a precautionary tale. Prepare to play the Heat over, and over, and over, and over, and over again until you go insane.


Alpha Protocol:
It still sucks balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment